Professional Brass Valve Core Schrader Tool #5070
The perfect tool to repair those pesky leaks from leaking schrader valves!
With this tool, there is no need to remove refrigerant from A/C units or costly yearly refrigerant fill-ups.
This tool will only work for R12, R22, and R410A valve cores (any system that uses 1/4" - 20 flare fittings). It will not work for R134a valve cores (automobiles manufactured after mid-1993 will have R134a valve cores).
Note the following cautions:
- This tool wil not work on R134a systems.
- Make sure that the packing nut is hand-tightened (the packing nut is the middle nut).
- Make sure that the bottom is hand-tightened to the A/C connection valve.
- Before total removal of the tool from the A/C unit, slowly turn the bottom knob counter-clockwise to remove any refrigerant that may be trapped between the unit and shut-off valve.
- If refrigerant continues to leak, the valve core is not fully seated. Tighten down the valve core.
Order New Schrader valves (5-pack, item #3499) if needed for replacement (simply use the search bar and type in 3499).
Easy to follow instructions for use (for professional use only):
- Pull the plunger all the way up.
- Connect the tool to A/C port.
- Open the shut-off valve.
- Push the plunger all the way down.
- With the plunger down, rotate the top knob counter-clockwise to remove the Schrader valve.
- After the Schrader valve is loose, pull the plunger up.
- Turn the valve on the tool off.
- Remove the packing nut.
- Remove the old valve core stem (Schrader valve).
- Replace it with the new valve core stem.
- Replace the packing nut and retighten it.
- Open the valve.
- Push down the plunger to insert the new valve.
- Turn the top knob clockwise until the valve core is fully seated.
- Remove the tool from the A/C system by turning the bottom knob counter-clockwise.