Pittstop 1234YF Oil Checker 2 Pack or 10 Pack
- A cost effective and easy way to detect air conditioning oil levels and harmful acids in the oil of A/C systems without changing out the A/C system and draining all the oil from the system.
- Many A/C compressor failures are caused by low oil levels and dirty contaminated oil in the A/C system. The use of this low cost oil checker can save you the cost of a new compressor plus the down time caused by the replacement of a compressor.
- Automotive and commercial installers can use existing service fittings to utilize the oil checker.
- Directions: Operate the A/C system for 15-20 minutes. Put the oil checker between your thumb, index finger and middle finger and with the A/C compressor running, push down on the low pressure (suction line - which is normally the big A/C line) 2 or 3 times. Set oil checker upright for 3-5 minutes then pick up the oil checker and check the oil level. If the tube is 1/2 full or more, DO NOT add oil to the system. If it is below 1/2 full, add oil to your system. The oil checker is a 1 time use item. THE COMPRESSOR CLUTCH MUST BE ENGAGED OR RUNNING TO GET A CORRECT READING.
- Also available in 10 packs.
- Available for R12, 22, 502, 290 & R600a and R134a as well.
- This item is also available for purchase in bulk without packaging. Contact us for pricing!