ProSeal XL4 for Home and Industrial Units in Can
ProSeal XL4 is available in cans, AND Direct Inject
ProSeal XL4 Cans:
- Not to be used with ammonia
- Label may say 3 ounce, however it does contain 4 ounces!
- This product is for large A/C systems (up to 5 tons)
ProSeal XL4 is designed for repairing leaks in condensors, evaporators, copper line, and solder joints. This product is an epoxy that reacts to water and air. When coming in contact with the atmosphere, it forms a seal over the leak. If your system stays charged for one day when running, this product will fix most leaks that you encounter.
If there is air and water in your system, pull a deep vacuum on the system and boil moisture out of the system. An alternative to pulling a vacuum is to purchase and use ProDry XL4 to turn moisture into synthetic oil. This will prevent ProSeal from reacting inside your system.
In most cases. if a system has not leaked below 15 psi, there is tpically not air or moisture in the system. The system has greater pressure than what the atmospheric pressure is and cannot leak unless the system is below 15°.
ProSeal XL4 has twice as much sealing agent as regular ProSeal. It is great for repairing those reoccuring leaks in systems. Save on costly repair and use ProSeal XL4 instead.
Made for large systems (5 ton a/c's)
For ProSeal XL4 Inject information please click here: ProSeal XL4 Inject
A/C unit must be in operational condition and running before ProSeal XL4 can be installed (if system has leaked down to zero, first use ProDry XL4 or pull vacuum).
1. Install can to can tap (raise piercing valve so it does not pierce can)
2. Connect other end to A/C unit (low pressure port- large line)
3. Turn on A/C unit
4. Pierce can. Open valve slowly with can upside down
5. When can is empty, change can and continue charging with refrigerant until you reach manufacturer's pressure specs.