*Not to be used with ammonia.
*This product is for large A/C systems up to 5 tons (R22, 502 & R410a)
ProSeal XL4 is designed for repairing leaks in condensors, evaporators, copper line, and solder joints. This product is an epoxy that reacts to water and air. When coming in contact with the atmosphere, it forms a seal over the leak. If your system stays charged for one day when running, this product will fix most leaks that you may encounter.
If there is air and water in your system, pull a deep vac on the system and boil moisture out of the system. Another option is to purchase ProDry to turn moisture into synthetic oil. This will prevent ProSeal from reacting inside your system.
In most cases, if a system has not leaked below 15 psi, there is typically not air or moisture in the system. The system has greater pressure than what the atmospheric pressure is and cannot leak unless the system is below 15 degrees.
ProSeal XL4 has twice as much sealing agent as regular ProSeal. It is great for repairing those recurring leaks in systems. Save on costly repairs, use ProSeal XL4 instead.
Made for large systems (5 ton A/C's)
Note: A/C unit must be in operational condition and running before Pro Seal XL4 can be installed (if system has leaked down to zero, you must also use Pro Dry XL4.
1. Install can to can tap (raise piercing valve so it does NOT pierce can)
2. connect other end to A/C unit (low pressure port -- big line)
3. Turn on A/C unit
4. Pierce can. Open valve slowly with can upside down.
5. When can is empty, change can and continue charging with refrigerant until you reach manufacturer's pressure specs.
Available in 3 oz. cans or 12can/cases.
This product cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or any other overseas country.
Procedure to Install ProSeal XL4 Aerosol (for Home and Industrial)
1. Check the pressure on the low side with the A/c running.
2. If the pressure is less than 15 psi on the low side, you need to use ProDry XL4.
3. Before injecting ProDry XL4 or ProSeal XL4 into the A/c system, you MUST have 50-55 psi on the low pressure line (the BIG line with the foam).
4. Install all of the ProDryXL4 from the can and run the A/c for 30 minutes.
5. Install the ProSeal XL4 into the system (use all of the can for one A/c system).
6. Finish filling the A/c system to full pressure with refrigerant.
7. Disconnect hoses from the A/c unit.
8. After the system is filled to the proper pressure, turn the thermostat to a lower setting and run for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
9. Disconnect the equipment from the A/c system and install caps on the Schrader Valve.
These instructions do not apply to Freezer or Cooler applications!
Customers Also Bought:
Finally, a Pro Dry for larger units! *Home/Commercial/Large unit Use*
EPA Approved for use in new food refrigerators and freezers (stand-alone units only!)
*Haz/Mat fee not included.
#3345 Great for use with Pro Seal!